Full Screen | Home | My Files | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Norman Boats
 Well My Norman has ...............?
 Me again - transom rot?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

philihun

United Kingdom
283 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2021 :  18:39:42  Show Profile Send philihun a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is Malc the guy who hung his boat up in bardney lock nr Lincoln. Opened all the sluices and went to work on his propeller lol.

pr hunt
Go to Top of Page

Mad Harold

United Kingdom
217 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2021 :  23:18:50  Show Profile Send Mad Harold a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, Piers,thats the one.
Not saying much just yet cos I am on the cut having gone to Marsdens tunnel end to take a photo of my little Norman for my scrapbook and as I am on pay as you go being on the internet is bloody dear!
Go to Top of Page

cliveshep

Thailand
1324 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2021 :  05:02:08  Show Profile Send cliveshep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Slinging your boat from the full lock, then emptying the lock is a practical way of getting at the bottom. Normally one lifts the boat which costs plenty dinero Senor, bbut holding the boat at a level in rope slings and dropping the water out from under it works just as well.

Malc only did what some of us might have considered doing if we were cheeky enough!

Finally living the dream!
Go to Top of Page

philihun

United Kingdom
283 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2021 :  13:04:49  Show Profile Send philihun a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very true Clive, but i have quite a few mates who moored at Bardney during Malcoms time. He had a habit of not telling anybody what he was going to do it seems. Hence a lot of friction.

pr hunt
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© N.B.A.S. 2020 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000