Full Screen | Home | My Files | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Norman Boats
 Well My Norman has ...............?
 Norman Register - show off your toys!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

philihun

United Kingdom
283 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2020 :  13:27:30  Show Profile Send philihun a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This my old Norman 27 called Jacob. Got her in 2014 when i retired. She served us well and has the scars to prove it. The tidal Ouze and Trent never bothered her. She had a 15 hp square top Honda which never missed a beat. Only stoppages i had were a fuel line bubble playing up and a gear linkage bolt falling out. Minds't it did fall off into the cut and i had to get a tow to civilization from a friendly narrow boat.
Zoom down a bit it all fits in.

pr hunt
Go to Top of Page

philihun

United Kingdom
283 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2020 :  11:25:10  Show Profile Send philihun a Private Message  Reply with Quote

This is the beautiful vessel Pickle moored at Keadby Canal after coming in from the Humber after a voyage from Cadiz where the original HMS Pickle sank. She was part of Nelsons fleet and was at Trafalger. Pickle is a full size copy albeit with certain modern aids eg a back up engine , gps etc. Any way on my first attempt at coming into Keadby from the tidal Trent i managed to knock a bit of paintwork off and lost a fender lol. I then Moored at the sanitary station across from the Pickle. Whilst inspecting the damage a bloke came out of the shower block and was looking at my Norman with a smile. He said the Pickle came in yesterday on a spring tide and never touched the sides. .

pr hunt
Go to Top of Page

df

United Kingdom
5990 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2020 :  15:36:01  Show Profile  Visit df's Homepage Send df a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have just emailed you a login for the real register Philihun.

NBAS--The communal colostomy bag of the boating community.
Visit leomagill.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

philihun

United Kingdom
283 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2020 :  11:52:38  Show Profile Send philihun a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know i'm in the wrong lane mate, but for some reason this laptop has cancelled outlook saying it is out of date. But my phone is working ok. Your message has not arrived on my phone. Its the same e mail. Have spent hours trying to sort my pc out. It seems Microsoft is the culprit because i'm using Google Chrome instead of Microsoft edge on Windows 10.

pr hunt
Go to Top of Page

df

United Kingdom
5990 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2020 :  12:39:08  Show Profile  Visit df's Homepage Send df a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You should have a pm here, check the menu top right.

Visit leomagill.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

philihun

United Kingdom
283 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2020 :  07:30:02  Show Profile Send philihun a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got my mails back mate and you were in the junk bit lol. Anyway i think i'm on the register now. Cheers for it all.

pr hunt
Go to Top of Page

df

United Kingdom
5990 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2020 :  15:27:46  Show Profile  Visit df's Homepage Send df a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The register now has a search function working, not a great deal of use now but will be as it grows.

Visit leomagill.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

cliveshep

Thailand
1324 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2020 :  08:53:56  Show Profile Send cliveshep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by philihun

I know i'm in the wrong lane mate, but for some reason this laptop has cancelled outlook saying it is out of date. But my phone is working ok. Your message has not arrived on my phone. Its the same e mail. Have spent hours trying to sort my pc out. It seems Microsoft is the culprit because i'm using Google Chrome instead of Microsoft edge on Windows 10.

pr hunt

I use Opera because it has a free VPN and lots of extras like effective pop up blockers, but I also use Firefox. I use CCleaner to clean the computer but tell it to leave Firefox alone and keep Firefox for Ebay, Bank and Paypal transactions so logging in is dead easy as all the details are retained in cache. For everything else it's Opera and that is cleared regularly.I keep Microsoft and Google out of my private life as much as possible. I use geo-blocking as standard which gives interesting results if I type in "Where am I?" in Google.

Finally living the dream!

Edited by - cliveshep on 29 Dec 2020 20:01:54
Go to Top of Page

df

United Kingdom
5990 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2020 :  04:47:16  Show Profile  Visit df's Homepage Send df a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not sure why you have any trouble posting pics here Clive.
As long as under 512Kb should be easy.

Visit leomagill.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

cliveshep

Thailand
1324 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2021 :  03:31:22  Show Profile Send cliveshep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
188kb originally, I edited my post so you obviously picked up the pre-edit version. Postimage went down too but came back up the next morning.Don't know it it's them or me - maybe something in my cache screws it up?

Still refuses to upload the same image of the map I posted above with Postimage. Comes up with the error message "invalid string". I've opened and re-saved, re-sized, re-named that image - to no avail!

It won't allow me to upload any other image either, I get the same error message.

Finally living the dream!
Go to Top of Page

df

United Kingdom
5990 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2021 :  08:44:39  Show Profile  Visit df's Homepage Send df a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I found CD of old piccies and found some pics of my first two normans, that's another two register entries then.

Visit leomagill.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© N.B.A.S. 2020 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000