Full Screen | Home | My Files | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Norman Boats
 Well My Norman has ...............?
 Norman Register - show off your toys!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

df

United Kingdom
5990 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2020 :  15:52:05  Show Profile  Visit df's Homepage Send df a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Norman Register is up and running!
I have made entries for my last 3 boats (and a couple of test entries that will be deleted) but need some more to encourage people to post their piccies.
There's a button on the register page to request a login and all you need to do is chose a password (which can be changed once logged in), once added you can upload piccies with titles and descriptions, add a main title that your entry will be listed by and add your story be that an in-depth description of your boat or just a tale of your exploits on it, you can go back and add or edit when ever you like, come on chaps show off your toys!
It will be evolving as and when I get round to it problebly with a few more textboxes for things like engine type and configuration but your existing input won't be lost.
A search feature is among the plans which shouldn't be that hard to implement.
All boats welcome, doesn't have to be a Norman (2 of mine are not).
It's not a super slick interface (I'm a greasemonkey not a programmer) as it's a gallery script with bits added on but it's not that hard to pick up so go play, all feedback welcome.

NBAS--The communal colostomy bag of the boating community.
Visit leomagill.co.uk

Mad Harold

United Kingdom
225 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2020 :  09:59:02  Show Profile Send Mad Harold a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My little Norman moored across from a pub on the Huddersfield Narrow.
Looking forward to going there again,next year,fingers crossed.

Go to Top of Page

df

United Kingdom
5990 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2020 :  11:46:10  Show Profile  Visit df's Homepage Send df a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Go and post about it then, from the main site click the 'Norman register' button and login using the email address you registered here with and the password I'm about to PM you with.
Click on the image placeholder to access the image upload section, and fill out a bit in the boxes below and submit your boaty story.
Each image uploaded has an edit button below where you can give them their own title and description.

Visit leomagill.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

adi-n-chez

United Kingdom
1980 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2020 :  10:26:19  Show Profile Send adi-n-chez a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Top job as always Dave.

Appreciate your efforts in keeping this going after the sad loss of Trevor.

Looks like I might have to take a pic of my New Tub from 40ft away so it all fits in the index pic

Cheers
Adi

Sewer Tubes ? I'd rather have a D**ncr*ft (Only Kidding)
Go to Top of Page

df

United Kingdom
5990 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2020 :  12:11:57  Show Profile  Visit df's Homepage Send df a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes it does have issues with very wide piccies, the large version comes out fine.
How did you find adding an entry? I have a wee issue at the moment if the first image uploaded is deleted but working on it, the images are given an order so I used sort=1 to get the index image but if deleted it won't find any entry so I have to work out how to do sort=lowest if that makes any sense, if images are re-ordered it still works fine and pics the first image, any mysql experts out there?????

Visit leomagill.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

philihun

United Kingdom
283 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2020 :  13:26:03  Show Profile Send philihun a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cannot get my pictures to fit mate. BTW i couldn't get them to fit when Trev was in the chair.

pr hunt
Go to Top of Page

df

United Kingdom
5990 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2020 :  13:34:32  Show Profile  Visit df's Homepage Send df a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You need to resize, if you open your pics in paint you can resize and save easily, pics too big clog up bandwidth and make the forum hard to read due to the scrollbars.

Visit leomagill.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

df

United Kingdom
5990 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2020 :  15:02:16  Show Profile  Visit df's Homepage Send df a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can now re-order or delete any piccies you like in the register, with help from the guys at the mysql forums it's sorted with a query I would never have worked out myself.
It will pick out whichever image is first in your list and show it as the index link.

Visit leomagill.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

cliveshep

Thailand
1324 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2020 :  20:40:24  Show Profile Send cliveshep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you've got Microsoft Office you can open and easily resize pictures in that, also do a crop or adjust colour/brightness etc. Probably the quickest and easiest way to do basic image editing of that nature.

Finally living the dream!
Go to Top of Page

cliveshep

Thailand
1324 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2020 :  20:51:37  Show Profile Send cliveshep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok Mr Flint - your software has caught me out again unless I need a separate password from you? Tried to register, put in my email address but my Norman password is no good so looks like you need to email me one. Is that how it works?

Go to Top of Page

df

United Kingdom
5990 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2020 :  01:39:58  Show Profile  Visit df's Homepage Send df a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a different login Clive, check your email (including junk folder) I've sent you a password.
Tip: there is a drag and drop area where you can select a bunch of files from a file manager window and drag to upload at once, but it will take longer than a single image obviously.

Visit leomagill.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

philihun

United Kingdom
283 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2020 :  09:12:30  Show Profile Send philihun a Private Message  Reply with Quote
V

Still experimenting mate . This should be my old boat moored at Boro Bridge on the River Ure.

pr hunt
Go to Top of Page

philihun

United Kingdom
283 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2020 :  09:25:41  Show Profile Send philihun a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Not sure whats happening , i'm using imgur . This is my present boat Nr Lincoln i think. If this also works i may be up and running lol. Looks a bit big on the preview though.

pr hunt
Go to Top of Page

cliveshep

Thailand
1324 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2020 :  22:17:31  Show Profile Send cliveshep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by df

It's a different login Clive, check your email (including junk folder) I've sent you a password.
Tip: there is a drag and drop area where you can select a bunch of files from a file manager window and drag to upload at once, but it will take longer than a single image obviously.

Visit leomagill.co.uk

Found the password - thanks Dave. Didn't see your post at the time as emails are notified separately on my phone as well as laptop to went directly to the email.

Ok, got the message about posting up multiple pics AFTER I had spent many hours loading Kala Lua rebuild folder one laborious pic at a time for all 83 pics! Although to be fair the computer folder did not have them in proper build order so it made more sense to do one at a time.

Now - you put up loads of folders but darned if I can figure out how to put up a new folder for a different subject. Got some sundry pics of other boats and engine repaints/repairs - how do I create a new folder?

Go to Top of Page

df

United Kingdom
5990 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2020 :  05:12:35  Show Profile  Visit df's Homepage Send df a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Extra pages are by request as it's one entry per boat register.
Login again and you'll find you have another entry.
I could do similar for general users piccie if enough people want.

Visit leomagill.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

cliveshep

Thailand
1324 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2020 :  05:18:41  Show Profile Send cliveshep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aah - thanks Dave. I don't have much else as everything was "pre Arisa" and I discarded most of it in fairness to her. I'll post the lot on one page easily as it's boats and engines various!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© N.B.A.S. 2020 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000