Full Screen | Home | My Files | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Norman Boats
 Well My Norman has ...............?
 Norman 24 v 27
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mad Harold

United Kingdom
225 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2023 :  11:11:03  Show Profile Send Mad Harold a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking at ads for N24 and N 27 both outboard powered and seeking some opinions.
Have owned two rear cockpit Normans and cruised and did locks ok singlehanded.
Both boats are a similar price although the 27 is better equipped and is in ovrall better condition, my concern is the 27 as the cockpit looks a bit cramped and looks more awkward to get in and out of.The engine looks more difficult to get at too.
What are the opinions of the Forum?

df

United Kingdom
5990 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2023 :  10:58:20  Show Profile  Visit df's Homepage Send df a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've not been on a 27 but when I got my 25 realised the cockpit was a bit of a trick to get in and out, had a decrepit dog at the time so cut the aft cabin off, once fitted out and new canopy made it worked really well but not for the feint hearted.
You need to view and get in and out a few times before making a choice.

NBAS--The communal colostomy bag of the boating community.
Visit leomagill.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Mad Harold

United Kingdom
225 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2023 :  13:45:38  Show Profile Send Mad Harold a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply DF.Have looked at the centre cockpit boat and think an aft cockpit would be better for a single hander.Aft cockpit has more "office space" and would be easier when locking and mooring up.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© N.B.A.S. 2020 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000