Full Screen | Home | My Files | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 For Sale & Wanted
 For Sale & Wanted
 norman 22 front windows
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tony Vamplew

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2021 :  06:12:40  Show Profile Send Tony Vamplew a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hi all need a pair of norman mk 1 22 front windows that curle round a little somebody has gleased them to 2 flat one at front would like to put back to original if poss

df

United Kingdom
5984 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2021 :  07:03:32  Show Profile  Visit df's Homepage Send df a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Tony
If you found a pair of original they would probably be so UV damaged by now that they would be buggered, how about taking a template of the curve from the grp and making a former and playing with a heat gun and a sheet of polycarbonate, there must be companies that do that sort of thing around.
Once the curve is formed it could be cut to shape.

NBAS--The communal colostomy bag of the boating community.
Visit leomagill.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Tony Vamplew

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2021 :  07:15:26  Show Profile Send Tony Vamplew a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hi will try the idea and have a word with a few people to see if can get it done many thanks for imput,
have been looking a pics from witham 2008 boston is where i am from

thanks Tony
Go to Top of Page

Mad Harold

United Kingdom
217 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2021 :  13:37:31  Show Profile Send Mad Harold a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have made a curved motorcycle windscreen using a hot air paint stripper.Took me three attempts,because if you don't get the perspex heated all over the curve,it suddenly collapses!I wouldn't do this again.
I think it would be easier to use cheap DIY polycarbonate,the stuff sold at B+Q or Wickes about 2mm thick and bend it to suit cold.
Go to Top of Page

Tony Vamplew

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2021 :  04:07:25  Show Profile Send Tony Vamplew a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hi would 2 mm be a bit 2 thin for window would 4 mm be better or to much hassle to try to curve

many thanks for other replies Tony
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© N.B.A.S. 2020 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000