Full Screen | Home | My Files | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Norman Boats
 Well My Norman has ...............?
 So here we all are in your new home????
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cliveshep

Thailand
1324 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2020 :  08:19:28  Show Profile Send cliveshep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where are the choccie biscuits or Jaffa cakes to celebrate then?

Congrats anyway Dave, you shifted it all over with no losses it seems. Well done!

All it needs now is for the members to support the site more fully! They are quick to post when their boat is sinking because the chewing gum and gaffer tape failed to hold the transom together but once they've nailed it back on they all go quiet again!

Finally living the dream!

df

United Kingdom
5990 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2020 :  12:40:04  Show Profile  Visit df's Homepage Send df a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Every boaty forum goes quiet this time of the year and this one is fairly quiet anyway.
About the cakes..... I ate them! (not kidding! It's my birthday today and I've been a porker.)
It's not fully sorted as I am waiting to get the nameservers changed, it's fine via normanboats.net but the normanboats.co.uk domain is down at the moment till namesco sort it for me, they are much better at service than ionos.
Once the other domain points here existing bookmarks should work the same, the site is now hosted by hostgator for a lot less money.
I have quite a few tweeks to carry on with but it will get there, Trevor now has his own spot on the bottom button instead of 4 separate links mainly as it made it look like they were my pages now.

NBAS--The communal colostomy bag of the boating community.
Visit leomagill.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

cliveshep

Thailand
1324 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2020 :  21:11:27  Show Profile Send cliveshep a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Finally living the dream!
Go to Top of Page

df

United Kingdom
5990 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2020 :  02:04:22  Show Profile  Visit df's Homepage Send df a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ta Clive, I like to think of it as "ballast adjustment", in my defense I'm still just under 11 stone so not going to panic any time soon.
And where back in the room, DNS seems to be sorted so normanboats.co.uk is pointing to here now, will have to get it changed as primary domain at some point but at least I can give ionos the heave ho now, I recon that would make Trevor happy as he hated trying to get help from them.

Visit leomagill.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Mad Harold

United Kingdom
225 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2020 :  07:57:49  Show Profile Send Mad Harold a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I used to dream about being 11 stone!
I won't need as much ballast as you.
Go to Top of Page

philihun

United Kingdom
283 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2020 :  11:34:08  Show Profile Send philihun a Private Message  Reply with Quote
testing testing

pr hunt
Go to Top of Page

philihun

United Kingdom
283 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2020 :  12:03:48  Show Profile Send philihun a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry about that. Last 2 attempts fizzled out , like my picture attempts.lol

Now got a Viking 32 cc as my Norman 27 failed the WWWABB.

Loved the Norman, 1st boat i owned and carried us around for 3000

miles in 5 years. Last seen going to Lancashire pre covid.

Hope this site stays alive, it has character's on it.

pr hunt
Go to Top of Page

df

United Kingdom
5990 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2020 :  12:36:24  Show Profile  Visit df's Homepage Send df a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whats WWWABB then? I'm sure the answer will make me feel stupid but that's not unusual.
The site should be around for a while yet, I have 3 years paid up on this host.

Visit leomagill.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

philihun

United Kingdom
283 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2020 :  13:14:47  Show Profile Send philihun a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wife's who want a better boat mate. It will ring a bell for lot's of folk.

pr hunt
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© N.B.A.S. 2020 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000