Full Screen | Home | My Files | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Norman Boats
 Well My Norman has ...............?
 Pulpit Rail
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tom Morgan

141 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2021 :  12:39:00  Show Profile Send Tom Morgan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, all - My 1971 Norman 23 has no pulpit rail. I've seen one advertised as coming off a Norman 22. Could anyone tell me if it will fit my 23?

df

United Kingdom
5990 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2021 :  14:22:23  Show Profile  Visit df's Homepage Send df a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It will probably fit ok but you may need new mounting holes if they don't line up, not a big issue really just fill any old holes not used.
For river use they can be a pita in locks though, may be better getting a single central pilot rail made so you get a handhold without the trip hazard.

NBAS--The communal colostomy bag of the boating community.
Visit leomagill.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Tom Morgan

141 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2021 :  16:36:35  Show Profile Send Tom Morgan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your reply, df. I remember your mention of a single handrail sometime around last October and remember your mention of the annoyance of the rope going over the pulpit rail when you want it under, and vice versa! Hopefully, this will be less of a problem on canals. My boat's original rail was removed by the previous owner, and the mounting holes were filled and refinished leaving no trace. I'm fairly confident that this rail is going to fit, but I'll ask for some measurements to be sure.
Go to Top of Page

Tom Morgan

141 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2021 :  10:42:58  Show Profile Send Tom Morgan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just for the record - the rail fits my Norman 23.
Go to Top of Page

df

United Kingdom
5990 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2021 :  12:06:37  Show Profile  Visit df's Homepage Send df a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice one Tom.

NBAS--The communal colostomy bag of the boating community.
Visit leomagill.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© N.B.A.S. 2020 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000