Full Screen | Home | My Files | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Norman Boats
 Well My Norman has ...............?
 Out for a run
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tom Morgan

141 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2021 :  17:21:46  Show Profile Send Tom Morgan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Agreed! I had the rope in my hand when I tried to step off as the boat was moving away from solid ground. It was a choice between trying to jump off and possibly falling into the water, or jumping back on so I could use the motor to reposition the boat. It all worked out well in the end, apart from the rather heavy fall onto the locker lid. All fixed now, though!

Edited by - Tom Morgan on 19 May 2021 17:22:21
Go to Top of Page

df

United Kingdom
5990 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2021 :  05:28:52  Show Profile  Visit df's Homepage Send df a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will be out for a run this weekend despite the wind forecast, only the second trip this year.
A gentle run to the surlingham ferryhouse and stop there for the weekend so I can plug in and give my batteries a good charge while I hide in the pub, I have a solar panel and controller to fit but I doubt the weather will let me get it done this weekend, certainly not the big wind catching bit on the outside anyway, may get my bilge pump moved to the lowest point as it currently sits right at the stern and leaves a load of water in the engine bay, fine at speed but no use on the rivers.
Roll on real summer...... Please!

NBAS--The communal colostomy bag of the boating community.
Visit leomagill.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

jud

United Kingdom
112 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2021 :  18:24:00  Show Profile Send jud a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Tom.
If you need some ply for your repairs just let me know the sizes you need and I'll check my stock. If I've got some in you can have it willingly
If you've lost my phone number just ask one of the ladies at the marina for it (oops,don't tell my Rosemary) see you soon Tom,
Jud.
Go to Top of Page

Tom Morgan

141 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2021 :  14:31:46  Show Profile Send Tom Morgan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's really kind of you mate! I just needed one piece of 12mm to make a new lid and I had a leftover piece at home so managed with that. But I'm really grateful to you for your offer. Your secret about the marina ladies is safe with me, but say hello to Rose for me! PS - I found a pulpit rail not long ago. Fitting that is the next job!

Edited by - Tom Morgan on 22 May 2021 14:32:16
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© N.B.A.S. 2020 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000