Full Screen | Home | My Files | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Norman Boats
 Well My Norman has ...............?
 Hull strakes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mad Harold

United Kingdom
225 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2021 :  11:04:02  Show Profile Send Mad Harold a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am posting this question for someone with a Dawncraft 22 who wants to know how to replace the strakes.
Are they bolted through the hull onto battens,or simply screwed to the hull like the rubbing strip?
I have suggested that he joins the forum.

philihun

United Kingdom
283 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2021 :  17:44:36  Show Profile Send philihun a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They are a pain in the arse. They will be the same as a Norman, old style slot head rusted screw straight into the glass probably. Then a bit later people thought of fenders.

pr hunt
Go to Top of Page

Tom Morgan

141 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2021 :  13:37:13  Show Profile Send Tom Morgan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The strakes on my Norman 23 (1971) were removed and the holes filled before I bought it. Where I can see the inside of the hull, I can see the "ghost" of a batten and the insides of the screw holes.
Go to Top of Page

Mad Harold

United Kingdom
225 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2021 :  05:54:26  Show Profile Send Mad Harold a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the replies fellas.I have passed them on.
I suggested he join the forum and I have also suggested this to others who have asked questions about grp boats on CWF,but so far havn't seen them on here.
Perhaps they think we are too fierce!
Go to Top of Page

df

United Kingdom
5990 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2021 :  06:12:03  Show Profile  Visit df's Homepage Send df a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have activated a couple of new accounts in the last couple of days, maybe one of them.
Is it Neil or Tony?

NBAS--The communal colostomy bag of the boating community.
Visit leomagill.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© N.B.A.S. 2020 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000